Xanti's Reviews > I Kissed an Earl

I Kissed an Earl by Julie Anne Long

Jul 25, 2010

did not like it
I own a copy

I gave this book one star mostly for the worst amount of mistakes I've EVER seen. There are numerous small words missing out of sentences and a few clangers like, "reigning in" someone instead of "reining in". Aside from that I found the heroine self-centered beyond redemption and at one point she did the unforgivable. She was Too Stupid To Live in one chapter. It's ironic that I adored Julie Ann Long's recent book, "Since the Surrender" and was looking forward to this book. I've read others of hers and liked them, too. Miss Long has the most imaginative similes, metaphors and use of verbs I've read, and this book had them too, but (and I really tried for several DAYS!), I couldn't finish this book and gave up at page 271. That seldom happens, but the heroine's bubble of a world where she's the center just grated on me long before she sloooowly discovered that other people (i.e. the hero) had feelings and deserved consideration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Kissed an Earl.

Gregoryk I think you mean "numerous small WORDS missing ..." Ironic since you harp on the typos in this book so much. I'm a stickler for proper grammar, too, but I also heard something about people who live in glass houses.

Xanti Gregoryk wrote: "I think you mean "numerous small WORDS missing ..." Ironic since you harp on the typos in this book so much. I'm a stickler for proper grammar, too, but I also heard something about people who li..."

I apologize for the typo, but I am not selling my review for money. If I buy a book I expect a better standard of editing than I found in this book.