notgettingenough 's Reviews > Wonder Boys

Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon

Jul 31, 10

bookshelves: modern-lit, humour
Read in July, 2010

As you can see from my updates, a splendid comic novel, hard to put down, hard not to laugh out loud.

PS: Having only read the cover after finishing the book, don't look at it, it'll only put you off, it's not a good description of the book. Evidently it is also a movie...can't imagine how that works.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wonder Boys.

07/25/2010 page 47
12.0% "This is saving me from the dark- can't-sleep-hours. 'The overcoat was a specialty of his....It emitted an odour of bus station so desolate that just standing next to him you could feel your luck changing for the worse." 2 comments
07/25/2010 page 132
34.0% "...his naked little circumcised johnson was nearly as pale as the rest of him, white as a boy's - perhaps over time one's genitals emerge from the pots and bubbling vats of love permanently stained, like the hands of a wool dyer."
07/25/2010 page 156
41.0% "I licked my lips. 'I want to be with you,' I said. I was not in the least certain whether I meant what I said, nor just what the implications of this statement might be, but since I intended to follow it with a tale of dog slaughter, grand theft, and an accounting of the contents of my trunk I figured it was the safest way to start. 'Sara-'"
07/25/2010 page 177
46.0% "I smiled. I suppose she was exhibiting what people nowadays refer to, with crushing disapproval, as denial. It's always been hard for me to tell the difference between denial and what used to be known as hope."
07/30/2010 page 327
85.0% "I reflected for a moment on the journalistic euphemisim that allowed personal demons to writers who were only fucked up."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by DoctorM (new)

DoctorM Love the quote about "denial".

message 2: by David (new)

David Love the quote about "denial".