Campbell's Reviews > Monsters of Men

Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

Jul 25, 14

bookshelves: dystopia, fantasy, favorites, horror, romance, sad, the-best, owned, ya, science-fiction, mythical-creatures, series
Recommended for: Everyone. It's amazing-
Read from October 01 to 05, 2010

There are no words-
I think about it and-
And-

I just wanna cry-
I ain't read anything as-
As-
As amazing-
emotional-
heart breaking-

The end-
The end, it... it... I can't-

The end is... it's the END-
And I can't believe it-
I'll never forget-
Monsters of Men-

It just RIPS, tears, yanks your soul-

And leaves you-

leaves you alone... hopeful?

And yer broken-
Broken-

Touched deep into the soul-
Forever-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monsters of Men.

Quotes Campbell Liked

Patrick Ness
“To say you have no choice is to relieve yourself of responsibility.”

Patrick Ness
“It's not how we fall. It's how we get back up again.”

Patrick Ness
“Do we hate paradise so much we need to make sure it becomes a trash heap?”

Patrick Ness
“It's not the mistakes I made but how I responded to them”

Patrick Ness
“You are keeping the possibility [of peace] open. No wise leader would do anything less”

“I’ll find you—

Keep calling for me, Viola—

Cuz here I come.”

Patrick Ness
“His noise is getting quieter, but I can still see it there still-
See how he feels the skin of my hand against his, see how he wants to take it and press it against his mouth, how he wants to breathe in the smell of me and how beautiful I look to him, how strong after all that illness, and how he wants to just lightly touch my neck, just there, and how he wants to take me in his arms and-
"Oh, God," he says, looking away suddenly. "Viola, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"
But I just put my hand to the back of his neck-
And he says, "Viola-?"
And I pull myself towards him-
And I kiss him.
And it feels like, finally.”

Patrick Ness
“You went up a girl and came down a woman.”

Patrick Ness
“And it feels like, finally.”

Patrick Ness
“Choices may be unbelievably hard but they're never impossible. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that's not how a person with integrity acts.”

10/01/2010 page 76
12.0% "I finally have this book! Oh, I love it already!"
10/03/2010 page 460
76.0% "***SPOILER*** But I just put my hand up to the back of his neck- And he says "Viola-?" And I pull myself toward him- And kiss him. And it just feels like, FINALLY. Yes, yes it does, Viola. FINALLY! I've been waiting for this for the entire trilogy. Viola finally just did it! Awwww! So adorable."
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Zoha That was moving Campbell. *Tears well in my eyes*

Campbell That was the best trilogy ever.
It is my favorite.
It beats everything I've ever read.
Everything.
You need to read them, like, now. The first one is called The Knife Of Never Letting Go.
I WILL NEVER FORGET THEM. EVER.

Zoha I am reading it now Campbell. It's sooooo good!!!!!!!

Campbell YES!!!
Are you on the first one?

Zoha Yes Campbell I'm on the first one. It's so flipping good!! But I can't read it!!!!

Campbell Why can't you read it?

Zoha My mom wants me around the house!!!! I want to read it but I many distractions and many other things. That's how sad it is for me.

Campbell aw. That sucks.

Zoha Imagine that on every single book that you couldn't stop reading and then you can get 1/4 of how I feel.

Campbell I'm so sorry.

message 11: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha For what?? You didn't do anything. I hate it when people say sorry for things that are not there fault.

Campbell It's a way of showing sympathy.
The actual definition is: feeling regret or sympathy for something or someone.

message 13: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha Then say that!! Don't say sorry. That's want people that don't speak english don't understand. They think you think it's your fault. I should know...

Campbell Oh, sorry.
I show sympathy.

message 15: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha I don't want your sympathy but thanks for it anyway. Numbs the pain.

Campbell Lol.

message 17: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha Not really but I never knew what christmas was until 2nd grade.

Campbell Hmm... how did you find out? School? Or did your family tell you?

message 19: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha I think my parents didn't know either. Yeah school. And in history I found out about Thanksgiving. How nice you americans for doing that for the Indians.

Campbell Well, we were pretty harsh toward them though weren't we? Also starting slavery with twenty Dutch people that they used to work at Plantations in the "New World" (Which creeps me out because that's what the colonists used to call America, just like the planet in Chaos Walking.) and John Rolfe probably only married Pocahontas, daughter of the chief of the Powhatans, because he wanted the Indians to trust them. Yeah, we pretty much sucked.
But that was the Americans back then, not me, or Cissi, or anyone else during this time.

message 21: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha I know but I was looking at the positive side of the old mean cruel controling americans. You're really not helping that.

message 22: by Campbell (last edited Feb 09, 2011 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Campbell Well, it's the truth. The sad, sad truth.
But we're a free country. Well, more free than most. Which is a good thing.

message 23: by Zoha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoha Very sad indeed. The truth is not always nurtel or postive. Sad is what the truth is.

Campbell TODD!
Sorry.

But yeah, most of the time, people don't want to know the truth, because they know that it's bad.