Katie's Reviews > Being Jamie Baker

1928123
Jun 13, 2015

bookshelves: own
Read on September 03, 2010

Being Jamie Baker was a refreshingly cute story. I was pulled into the story with the very first sentence and from there it just got better. I read straight through and I can’t help but want more.

Jamie Baker is the Ice Queen. That all changes when she kisses Ryan Miller. She doesn’t think it will change anything but she doesn’t know Ryan. That one kiss leaves him wanting more and he is not going to give up easily. Jamie would love to cave but she knows what could happen if she did. She could kill Ryan. The only problem is that Ryan isn’t the only one trying to learn Jamie’s secrets. Someone else with much more sinister intentions is too.

Being Jamie Baker is an amazing book. I loved how easy it was to be drawn into the story. Jamie was such an honest character and she was going through so much. I couldn’t help but relate to her. She wanted to be normal but she knew it would never happen. She also knew that Ryan wouldn’t give up. He was so funny. He was sexy, cocky, and so happy! He lightened the mood of the book and I just loved reading about him and his relationship with Jamie.

The plot seemed a little slow at first but the book did not drag. The reluctant romance really helped the pace of the book and I was never bored. The plot picked up at the end and there were some surprises that I definitely didn’t see coming.

Overall, Being Jamie Baker is an incredible debut novel from Kelly Oram. It was a fun, light-hearted read and I can’t wait to see what Kelly Oram has in store for readers next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Jamie Baker.

09/03/2010 page 60