Sella Malin's Reviews > Peter Pan

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Jul 30, 10

I've always wanted to read this book, ever since I was little. :) So I finally bought it! :D I got this really pretty edition with a pretty cover of Peter and Tinkerbell, teheee.

I loved it! It was amazing. I love the story, and the plot. The writing style is a little heavy, but it's good. I like the old-fashioned-ness of it.

I like how the book is written as if J.M. Barrie is talking to us. Most of the time I don't like that kind of narration, but with Peter Pan it really works. It fits.

I LOVE the character Peter Pan. He's such a great character. I love how childish he is, how cocky, how oblivious to everyone around him. He's awesome.

I love the ending too, the whole circle pattern. It's very powerful.

All in all, Peter Pan is a great book, and basically the only classic I've liked so far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter Pan.

Quotes Sella Liked

J.M. Barrie
“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”

J.M. Barrie
“To die would be an awfully big adventure.”

J.M. Barrie
“You won't forget me, Peter, will you, before spring-cleaning time comes?
Of course Peter promised, and then he flew away. He took Mrs. Darling's kiss with him. The kiss that had been for no one else Peter took quite easily. Funny. But she seemd satisfied.”

J.M. Barrie
“Boy, why are you crying?”

J.M. Barrie
“..children know such a lot now, they soon don't believe in fairies, and every time a child says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.”