CJ - Drop Dead Cute's Reviews > Lone Star Woman

Lone Star Woman by Sadie Callahan

Sep 24, 10

bookshelves: southern-fiction, romance, familyconflict
Read from September 21 to 24, 2010

** spoiler alert ** How you end a book with the sentence, "and she wiped her nose with the back of her hand", regardless of the situation is beyond me.

It's a romance not a fifth grade read-a-long book!

Anyway, the book was pretty good. A good beach read and a decent cowboy fiction. It was a little chauvinist and that got a little annoying but I ended up liking the way things resolved.

Jude, well at first you think you'd hate her and you don't. Brady, well he's an alpha male for sure but he has his soft side. I wish we could have seen more of his kids though.

I'm not going into a long diatribe here and I'm not going to give you a synopsis. It's actually not really about the plot of land but more about the difference between Brady and Jude in terms of trust, communication, standards and class.

This book needed to be a bit more fleshed out in terms of characters and backstory. I would have liked to see Jude do more than just be helpless. She should've struck out on her own somewhere else.

I don't know, I'm a little wishy-washy with this book which could be why this review can't make up its mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Star Woman.

09/24/2010 page 332