Ronda Tutt's Reviews > The Battle Sylph

The Battle Sylph by L.J. McDonald

Oct 21, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, fantacy, favorites
Read from July 25 to 31, 2010

So full of action and excitement that you find this fast page turning book read before you know time has slipped away, excellent writing, I absolutely loved it.

In this crazy world full of Kings and peasants, Solie is running away from her father whom has arranged a marriage with an old man she has no wish to marry. The king needs a virgin sacrifice for his son to acquire a battle sylph and Solie just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. In the process of running away, she is kidnapped by one of the Kings guards in hopes to be of use by the King.

A priest conjures up a portal that the sylphs can look through so see their ever waiting queen that they hope to spend eternity with. But as Solie lays upon the alter naked and tied down, the sylph has the slightest clue that a trap awaits and finds himself through the portal only to find a man yielding a knife to kill his queen in order to gain ownership over him and then enslave him.

However, things don’t turn out as the King has planned and chaos erupts within the ritual as his son is killed and allows Solie and her new Battle Sylph “Hey You” escape.

Sylphs are Spirits or Evil creatures born only to destroy and are bound to serve human with their magic. In the beginning of this book, only men bound sylphs/men with high rank but as events happen throughout this wonderful story, Solie and Heyyou change things as their adventure begins.

Read on to escape into this great story and learn of the adventures between the amazing characters and lusty romance that happens between Solie and Heyyou. I promise you will want more and will be buying the second book “The Shattered Sylph”.

I loved all the characters. Solie (Human/Sylph Queen) and Heyou (Battle Sylph) romance or should I say lust for each other is excelent and funny. I love the fact that Solie named her Sylph "Hey You".

Alcor the King is an ass, there wasn't much on his sylph Thrall in this book so maybe next time around.

Jasar is a dick but I love his sylph Mace. Mace reminds me of Jason on True Blood - a big slut puppy.

Leon is the kind of loyal friend everyone wants to have and his sylph Ril is just as loyal and lethal.

Devon is sweet and his sylph Airi is very sweet too.

There are other characters that are wonderful in this story, I hope to see them in the next book.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Battle Sylph.

60.0% "OMG, I am so hooked! Its not only a hot book but it is exciting and funny. I love Heyou." 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…

Vanessa theJeepDiva Never heard of this one. It does sound very interesting.

message 2: by Deidre (new) - added it

Deidre I had never heard of it either...but if it has you this excited I'd better find me a copy too!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead I love Heyyou, wait until you read book 2! OHMY, if you can imagine, it is even better. I love this series and can't wait for book 3.

Ronda  Tutt Girl, I am so enjoying it, I already got the second book - LOL

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead I bought the 2nd book when I was only half way through the first. I really, really want the 3rd book!

message 6: by Bookwatcher (last edited Aug 01, 2010 01:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookwatcher Mace reminds me of Jason on True Blood - a big slut puppy.

Hahahahaha.... sooo true! Now that you say that I can imagine him as Jason! True! Always horny and read to the ladies... hahahaha

And me too! Love this book! All characters and a the second book is better! Soooooo much better! Love also that!

But it's a personal opinion... in my view the second is better because I love a tormented hero, and Ril story was marvelous! Love it!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bookwatcher, I couldn't agree with you more. I love Ril's story. It's hard to believe that I could love a first book so much and then love the 2nd book even more. Very weird!

Ronda  Tutt I started the second book last night and bout died laughing just in the first chapter. That girl named that sylph "Wat" - Oh how crazy! Lovin it!

Ronda  Tutt Thanks guys for liking my review.

Vanessa theJeepDiva I picked up this one at a used book store yesterday for $3.50. It looks like it was only read once & the owner was gentle with it.

Ronda  Tutt thats good, I love good buys like that

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ been wanting to read this book....glad to hear u liked it so much!!

Cindy Great series - loved both 1 & 2. Queen of the Sylphs is marked as a 2011 release, hope it happens!

Ronda  Tutt I think I need to make me a shelf for releases in 2011 so I can glance at it everyonce in a while to remember when what comes out. Ok, I've talked myself into it "2011 Releases" is now my official shelf. LOL

Laura the Highland Hussy I've got this one waiting for me on my Nook-thanks for the review Ronda