Sara's Reviews > Bringing Up Kids Without Tearing Them Down How To Raise Confident, Successful Children

Bringing Up Kids Without Tearing Them Down How To Raise Confi... by Kevin Leman

2047287
Aug 03, 10

Fantastic book about reality discipline and taking out an insurance policy on your kids' inherent self-esteem. I think that my favorite part is the last unit entitled "When reality discipline runs smack into reality". Leman takes very common scenarios and questions that might be problematic from parents and addresses how to address them with reality discipline. He breaks it down into 3 sections ages 0-5, 6-12 and teenagers. Leman is brilliant, experienced, gentle, loving, extremely humorous and practical. His clarification that good parenting lies somewhere in the middle between permissive and authoritarian is spot on. I have always enjoyed hearing him speak but found his parenting books somewhat thin. This one is not thin at all. It is packed with goodness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bringing Up Kids Without Tearing Them Down How To Raise Confident, Successful Children.