Amanda Kaye's Reviews > Why Great Teachers Quit: And How We Might Stop the Exodus

Why Great Teachers Quit by Katy Farber

Sep 18, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, education-school, non-fiction

Wow! I was really impressed with how accurate and helpful this book was! I can tell that the author Katy Farber really is a teacher who is aware of the condition of our schools in America. And I can tell that the accounts of hundreds of teachers were used in this book to portray the areas that need to be fixed in our schools.

Farber addresses the following areas:
1-Standardized Testing
6- Parents
7- Administrators
And
8- School Boards

The thing that most impressed me was not only did she have such a variety of topics to discuss, but also had practical real life ways of addressing and fixing those problems. Both at the administration level and the teacher's level. I also was grateful for the data that back up her conclusions, actual antidotes from teachers, and the friendly enjoyable reading format.

I would defiantly recommend this book to any teacher, administrator, education college student, and/or any parents involved with the school system. Finally a book has come along that actually addresses the REAL problems and how to affectively deal with the mess.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Great Teachers Quit.