Monique's Reviews > Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Jul 24, 10

bookshelves: miss-independent-strong-woman-book
Read in July, 2010

Read this book of a recommendation of a wonderful fifteen year old who stated this was her "favorite" book and was super excited to read it..Though the book starts directly in the middle of a storyline that never really develops and leaves you kinda confused it is easy to get involved in the drama of the lives of humans with the ability to change to werewolves. In the novel the main character Anna is werewolf changed three years ago under some dubious and violent circumstances so she is mistrustful and fears wolves until she meets her mate and his pack. This underlying story of an Alpha and Omega wolf meeting and trying to create a mate bond was interesting however they soon delve into another storyline of a rogue wolf, black magic, centuries old spells and vendettas and not alot of backstory for the complex story..I would have appreciated more story on the witch, Asil's life with Sarai and the magic in general but this was glossed over to make way for the heroics of Charles, the quiet strength of Anna and the legendary magic and rules of a wolf pack. I cant say I didnt find this a page-turner with a new, fresh story of werewolf life and love however I just found the element of pack magic and spells a little too farfetched without the backstory I spoke of..I enjoyed but do not think part two is something I will be interested in for a while.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry Wolf.