Jess's Reviews > Better Read Than Dead

Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie

Aug 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010, mystery
Read on August 01, 2010

This is the second book in the Psychic Eye mystery series and it was just as good as the first was. In this book, Abby is doing a favor for a friend and working as a tarot card reader at a wedding reception. When a client comes in and her psychic guides are telling her that he's a killer she realizes she's attending a mob wedding. As Abby tries to deal with her professional problems she is also trying to deal with her new relationship with Dutch. He's back from Quantico and working for the FBI, but he also has a brand new partner that Abby has to accept.

This was another good mystery novel, with a bit of the paranormal thrown in. I liked the way Abby's abilities come to the forefront in this one, and I find it interesting how there are both skeptics and believers in the police department.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better Read Than Dead.

Steph Jess, I didn't read your review b/c I haven't read the series. Yet. I have 1-? TBR and when I spotted your 4★ I moved them up on my list. :)

Jess It's not a bad series! I'd say definitely give it a try.

Steph I have wanted to for a while and your review made me move it up. Thanks.

Jess No prob!