Estara's Reviews > Heart Journey

Heart Journey by Robin D. Owens

Aug 11, 10

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2010
Recommended to Estara by: auto-buy author
Recommended for: women who appreciate a heroine in her 30s
Read from August 10 to 11, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

First off, the cover had nothing to do with the book whatsoever ^^.

Secondly I really like that Robin Owens concentrates on two heroines in her most recent two Celta books, who are established in their life and secure in their work - if not emotionally secure as that is what the story is about.

The Celta stories always revolve around not just finding love but also making it into a partnership and a family (again the last two books emphasized family even more than the previous ones). I think this is the first time we have an older heroine and a younger hero (age gap of 8 years) and it works beautifully. I love the fact she didn't have to make the heroine into a sheltered virgin or into a female version of a rake either.

The new twist this time is that both main characters are very happy with their daily life and work, fulfilled even, but that their professional fulfilment is in areas that don't really intersect, in fact are truly opposed to each other (so far the heroes and heroines have always been able to integrate themselves into a family fairly easy, once they had admitted they were heartmates). Robin Owens shows that they can appreciate each other and share interests outside of work, but the central conflict this time really hinges on two very different life plans and the compromises that have to be made if these two people want to build a family.

And I think she brings it off beautifully.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart Journey.