Sally's Reviews > Exercising Your Soul: Fifteen Minutes a Day to a Spiritual Life

Exercising Your Soul by Gary Jansen

Aug 17, 10

bookshelves: autobiographical, christian, contemporary, first-reads, non-fiction, religion
Read from August 10 to 15, 2010 — I own a copy

Perhaps my review is most appropriate for non-Catholic Christians. I was very excited to receive this book through first-reads, but I found it to be like several other books with the same purpose - more personal prayer, greater communication with God, the spiritual benefits of mediation, etc. The author has a very charming style, which made it easy to read, but there was nothing new discovered or anything that made me stop and think.

I would not recommend this book to people of other denominations - like me. It's VERY Catholic, and while that's certainly not a negative thing, it makes it a little more difficult to get through if you are unfamiliar with Catholic practices. I would say this is a great book to give to someone who is just coming to know God and their relationship to Him, as it gives excellent advice on how to commune with God and feel his influence in your life.

I really don't like being the first to review this book, it makes me feel like I'm being too hard on it. This is a book that I will pass along to another who will enjoy it as it deserves to be enjoyed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exercising Your Soul.

08/13/2010 page 12