TJ's Reviews > Lone Arrow's Pride

Lone Arrow's Pride by Karen Kay

Jul 23, 2010

bookshelves: native-american, historical-romance

OK, despite the incredibly cheesy cover, this is a really good book! It's a wonderful love story that deals with the problems between the white woman and Native American man during the mid 19th century. It's sympathetic to the Indian point of view but doesn't get preachy. In some ways it is also a little idealistic but given the truth about American Indian relations in the 1800s it would have to be in order to have a good ending. Ultimately it's a light read that helps us understand each point of view while still allowing the richly written characters to find love and overcome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Arrow's Pride.

message 1: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ Oh, the comments we could make about positioning!

message 2: by Misfit (new)

Misfit That is a cover Karla would love.

message 3: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ Who is Karla?!?

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Tammy wrote: "Who is Karla?!?"

Karla is a friend of mine who buys old romances by the boxful at Ebay and elsewhere and loads them here. My *feeds* have never been the same.

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant Misfit wrote: "That is a cover Karla would love."

You are so right, Misfit! I can hear the guffaws already, lol. (I think you and I are friends with the same Karla).

Tammy, she is a friend of mine too - writes AWESOME reviews of the old bodice-ripper historical romances and has a serious love of the old ridiculous covers.

message 6: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ Hey, I wanna be friends, to, I feel left out! How do I find her here?

message 7: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Tammy wrote: "Hey, I wanna be friends, to, I feel left out! How do I find her here?"

If she doesn't find you I'll find her for you. Must toddle off to bed now, so it will be tomorrow.

message 8: by Karla (new) - added it