Slayermel's Reviews > Psycho

Psycho by Robert Bloch

Aug 14, 2010

bookshelves: 20th-century, fiction, horror, made-into-film, male-authors, mystery, suspense, thriller, american, 2010, 501-must-read-books
Read from August 11 to 12, 2010

I was amazed at how much the movie stuck to the book, it was great. I really enjoyed being able to see inside Norman Bates’s head. I loved Robert Bloch’s writing style.

Norman Bates runs a motel off of the old highway, and lives in an old house up on the hill with his mother. Norman’s mother is very over protective of her little boy, especially after a young woman checks into the motel. Norman decided to spy on her through a peep hole he created in his office while she was undressing for her shower. Norman’s mother will protect him from his filthy thoughts at all costs, and decides to take care of the girl with her butcher knife while she’s in the shower.
Unfortunately for Norman and his mother, the girl stole $40,000 from her employer and has a P.I. hot on her tail, as well as a sister and fiancé who are trying to figure out what happened.

This is a very fast read, which keeps you hanging from page to page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Psycho.

08/11/2010 page 117

message 1: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou I am interested in reading this next week I've seen movie but would like to get more input into Bates.