Stephen's Reviews > Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair & Balanced Look at the Right

Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken

Jul 23, 10

bookshelves: 2000-2005, polly-sighs-and-pubic-policy, non-fiction, shame-on-you
Read from July 22 to 23, 2004 — I own a copy

0.5 stars. Okay, this one was entirely my fault. After reading and hating Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot, I was still somehow drawn to open up and read this book. Big mistake and I freely admit it. As for a review of the book, my best summary would be: blah, blah, joke that isn't funny, blah...half truth...blah...out of context quote...blah, blah...political attack without evidential (or even logical basis)...blah, blah, blah...say the same thing ten different ways, none of them right...blah, blah, blah, mean-spirited, bomb throwing...blah, blah, still more jokes that aren't funny...blah, blah, blah...the end.

All that said, if the book had been funny, I would have looked past the flaws as I don't look to Al Franken for political insight. However, when you waste my time AND are boring, all of the other flaws jump off the page at me. In a word...OUCH!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget He lost me after his Stuart Smalley days. As a politician he seems so mean spirited, divisive & to have lost his sense of humor. I tried to read this & gave up quickly as it wasn't insightful or funny. Not to get too political, but he made me a little sad the other day on the news when he called other Americans who didn't agree with him Terrorists. I'm definitely over Franken. Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't like this book.

Chris Gager who do you look for for political insight?