Dianne's Reviews > Gardening at the Dragon's Gate: At Work in the Wild and Cultivated World

Gardening at the Dragon's Gate by Wendy Johnson

Jul 23, 2010

bookshelves: gardening, spiritual
Read in November, 2014

Moving tales from Green Gulch Farm Zen Center in CA - a stunningly beautiful book that will take me forever to read as I plan to hand-color it as I move through. Watch for this one on my "currently reading" shelf for ~ the next 2 years....
An update from 11/2010: I have read and colored to page 100. My collection of green colored pencils is admirable. My favorite part of each evening is my time with this book....I'm in a delicious section about the texture, fragrance, taste of soils.
Update on 7/31/2012: past p.200 now.....coloring and reading at leisure. Especially loved the chapter "Gardening With All Beings".
And final update on 11/23/2014: I'm somewhat stunned to actually finish reading and hand-coloring this beautiful book....and fittingly, on a quiet Sunday after spending a rainy hour weeding and mulching in the winter garden. In the end, I spent 5 years - perfect.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gardening at the Dragon's Gate.

11/23/2014 marked as: read