Ronyell's Reviews > Nobody's Darling

Nobody's Darling by Teresa Medeiros

Jun 06, 13

bookshelves: historical-romance, teresa-medeiros, read-in-2010, sexy-bad-boy-hero, sexy-good-girl-heroine, my-blog-reviews, adult-book, ronyell-s-epinions-reviews
Recommended to Ronyell by: Heather
Read from August 30 to September 11, 2010

“Nobody’s Darling” was the first romance novel that I have read from Teresa Medeiros and it has got everything that you would expect from an adventurous western romance story: adventure, romance, sexual desires and hot cowboys! For all you romance fans, “Nobody’s Darling” is surely a romance novel that you just can not put down!

Beautiful English aristocratic Esmeralda Fine has traveled to America to find her brother, Bartholomew’s, murderer and she meets up with a notorious outlaw named Billy Darling, who she believes killed her brother. Even though Esmeralda tried to kill Billy Darling, she later on ends up hiring Billy when she realizes that her brother might still be alive to find her brother. Little does Esmeralda knows is that she is about to go on the biggest western adventure of her life!

Oh my goodness! I will admit that when I first picked up this book, I thought it was going to be boring, but imagine my surprise when I found this book to be so DELICIOUSLY EXCITING! I have to tell you that Teresa Medeiros has definitely done a great job at not only providing out dishes of adventure and suspense for western adventure fans, but also provides lots of romance and forbidden sexual desires that would make anyone swoon with pleasure! The best thing about this book is the characters themselves, especially Esmeralda Fine and Billy Darling. Billy Darling is the pure embodiment of a hot cowboy/outlaw that everyone wants to meet up with! Teresa Medeiros takes great care in describing every inch of Billy Darling’s body from his golden hair to his muscular body in such a sensual manner that it would make your hairs stand on its end! Another character that I really enjoyed was Esmeralda Fine herself as she is shown to be an extremely headstrong character who does not let anything get in her way and Teresa Medeiros has done a great job at using Esmeralda’s last name (Fine) in definitely her appearance according to Billy Darling himself as she is described as the most beautiful woman to ever grace upon the town of Calamity. Now onto the core of this story! I love the way that the story is set up as a “good girl falls for the bad boy” scenario, with Esmeralda being the good and proper girl and Billy Darling as the bad yet good looking cowboy/outlaw and even though they have a love/hate relationship, I love the scenes where they have intense and romantic moments together and let me tell you, the moments between them are definitely SIZZLING!

For those of you who do not like strong language and sex scenes, I have to warn you that this book has a bunch of sex scenes and strong language and it might offend many people who do not approve of sex scenes and strong language.

“Nobody’s Darling” is definitely the perfect western romance story full of rollicking western adventures and sexual scenes that will send shivers of delight throughout any romance novel fan! Even if this book has its fair share of sex scenes and strong language, I would still recommend this book to romance fans everywhere!

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Darling.

08/30/2010 page 14
4.0% "Hmm.. looks like Esmerelda wants a bad boy!"
09/02/2010 page 30
8.0% "Oooohhh!!! Someone's getting arrested!!!!"
09/03/2010 page 80
20.0% "I'm reading the large print edition of this book, so I might be behind in the page numbers. So far, this book is getting really interesting and things are heating up between Esmerelda and Billy Darling!!"
09/07/2010 page 100
25.0% "Uh Oh!! A big secret might just jeopardize Esmerelda and Billy's relationship!!"
09/07/2010 page 140
35.0% "Here comes the Darling gang!!!"
09/08/2010 page 260
65.0% "So much going on, but Esmerelda and Billy are really getting serious!!"
09/10/2010 page 320
80.0% "Wow..." 2 comments
09/11/2010 page 400
100.0% "Finished and I really loved this book!! Review soon to come!"

Ronyell Yeah!! I really want to see what happens at the end of this book right now!!! I'm almost finished with it! I can't wait to see how it ends!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Wonderful review, Ronyell! What will you read next?

Ronyell UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Wonderful review, Ronyell! What will you read next?"

I'm reading A Kiss to Remember by Teresa Medeiros right now and I'm finding it pretty interesting so far!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I've only read Yours Until Dawn and I liked it :)

Ronyell Oh yeah! I heard that Yours Until Dawn was a pretty good book! I'll have to check it out once I finish with A Kiss to Remember!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick You should, I enjoyed it :) It was my first, and so far only, TM read.

Ronyell Yeah, Nobody's Darling was actually my first book I read by Teresa Medeiros and I really enjoyed it! Now, I'm trying to read more books by her!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Great review, Ronyell. You have a way with words. Glad you liked it. I love western romances.

Ronyell Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Great review, Ronyell. You have a way with words. Glad you liked it. I love western romances."

Thanks Danielle! This was the first western romance book I read, so now I'm looking forward to reading more western romance books!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I recommend Jodi Thomas. She's my favorite western romance author. You could start with her Wife Lottery series:

The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) by Jodi Thomas When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2) by Jodi Thomas The Texan's Reward (Wife Lottery,  #4) by Jodi Thomas A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3) by Jodi Thomas

LethalLovely~You Knew Who I Was With Every Step That I Ran to You Fantastic review, Ronyell! This was my first TM book as well, & I've been hooked ever since. Not only can she write an awesome book & an amazing h/h, but her sex scenes are nice too, which is rare in HR's

I've read all but two of TM's books, IIRC & I'd recommend Once an Angel, The Bride and the Beast, Yours Until Dawn & A Whisper of Roses. She also has a historical paranormal series but it wasn't all that good, IMO.

ETA: She has TWO paranormal series. One is historical with vampires & the other is historical time-travel.

Ronyell @ Danielle,
Thanks for the Jodi Thomas series Danielle!! She really does sound like a great romance novel author!!I'll have to check out her books pretty soon!

@ LethalLovely,
Thanks!!! This was your first Teresa Medeiros book too? That's awesome!!! Ever since I first read this book, I wanted to read more of her works!! Thanks for recommending me Yours until Dawn, The Bride and the Beast, Once an Angel, and A Whisper of Roses to me LethalLovely because I heard that these books were great! I can't wait to get around to them!

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Woah! Wow! Sounds like *quite* a pleasant romance ;-) Thanks for the great review!

Ronyell @ Kathryn,
You're welcome!! It really was a *pleasant* romance!! I just found myself loving this book every second!!