Amanda's Reviews > Darkness, Be My Friend

Darkness, Be My Friend by John Marsden

Jan 25, 2011

bookshelves: trivia-answered, reviewed, own-a-copy
Read in September, 2002 — I own a copy , read count: 5

** spoiler alert ** This is the series that started my reading addiction :) It's a great Australian series. Not only does it portray teenagers effectivley , it also shows how Aussies live. As an Australian teenager when I began this series I found that I could really relate and was enthralled with the series. The series shows how a group of Aussie teenagers get swept up in the next major war after Australia is invaded when they go camping. Their families and friends are held captive along with the majority of the population and it is up to them to fight back and fight for their freedom.

Cannot say how much I love this series. I just saw the film adaptation based on the first book in the series and LOVED IT!!! One of the best Aussie films I have ever seen. While things were changed - they always differ from the book in some way - I felt that the changes they made were necessary for the pacing of the film. Since I had been waiting for the film for almost a decade I was sure I would be disappointed but I loved it so much :)

I hope that they make the next book in the series into a film as well as the series gets better and better as it goes on.

I cannot recommend this book and this series enough - so go out and read it please :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness, Be My Friend.