Amanda's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Aug 09, 14

bookshelves: trivia-answered, reviewed, own-a-copy, books-i-love-more-than-cookie-dough
Read in July, 2003

Like most people my age reading the Harry Potter books ignited a love of reading. I had always enjoyed reading and had constantly read books for as long as I can remember. After reading this book though, my love of reading went to another extreme.

What makes this series special is the escapism that is created through the world created by J.k. Rowling. The details provided conjure a world that is pure escapism and had me wishing my Hogwarts letter would arrive so I could go learn magic in this enchanting world.

This series was my childhood. I remember counting down the hundreds of days to the next book and/or movie. Cutting out newspaper clippings about Harry Potter news and collecting merchandise.

This series was and still is an obsession of mine. I remember reading the last book in one 6 hour sitting. I didn't even stop for lunch or breaks. At the end of the last book I felt an emptyness and sadness as I knew that I would not read another one of Harry's adventures. Soon after I picked up the first book and started the journey all over again.

After the series finished I knew that this would be a series I would read over again and again for the rest of my life. Not only because of the escapism of the story but also because of the childhood memories I associate with these books.

The Harry Potter series is a must read for everyone.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Quotes Amanda Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

J.K. Rowling
“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire