Wicked ♥ (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess's Reviews > Bone Crossed

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

2082350
Jan 30, 2011

bookshelves: ebooks-i-own, 2011, favorites, mythology-inspired, paranormal-romance, supernatural, urban-fantasy, weres
Read from January 28 to 30, 2011

Reviewed for Wickedly Bookish

Mercy just keeps getting better. Seeing as I am reading straight through this series, I had expected to get tired of the same world by now. Usually a series is good when spaced between some other books as pallet cleansers. However, with only one more book to go, I have to say I am enjoying this series thoroughly.

This fourth installment of the Mercedes Thompson series, in my opinion, is the best so far. Briggs' technique of book by book integration of her world's creatures is genius. Vampire, wolf, fae, and now ghost all come together in this satisfying triumph of a book. It may not be one of the top selling books to span the genres, but it definitely sets itself apart from all the other paranormal romance and urban fantasy titles out there with its action, romance, and chills.

One thing that really sticks out to me about this series is that the sexual content is pretty mild, which is not really a bad thing. I admit i like a little smut in my paranormal romance, however Briggs tends to keep things light with just enough sizzle to keep you satisfied. In my opinion this keeps her relationship with pack Alpha Adam that much more sweet and pure. It's a plus that this series doesn't rely on sexual content like many others in its genre do. The story stands strong on its own.

Wonderful
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Crossed.

01/30/2011