Sandra's Reviews > Satisfaction: A Novel

F_50x66
Jan 23, 08

bookshelves: books-i-couldn-t-finish
Read in January, 2008

Oiy! It's only the third week of 2008 and already I've had three books I couldn't finish. I don't think my batting average has been this low for a long time. Usually I finish every book I start. I don't know what's happened.

This book showed such promise too. It just took soooooo long to go anywhere. I even gave it 150 pages.

The book follows the lives of about six characters through one torturous week. It flits back and forth between the now where Amy is telling all to her therapist and "the" week as seen from each of the other characters.

For starters, it's hard to follow. Secondly, it's a bit (read: a lot) wordy. If all of our weeks read like this, no one would ever complain of being bored. Lastly, it's boring and high schoolish. I just don't think people interact like that. And if they do, I don't know any that interact like that, so I can't tell if it's normal or not.

I probably would've stuck this one out if I didn't have a goal of reading a book a week and a "classic" a month. Seeing as it's nearing the end of the month, I'd rather concentrate on the "classic" I'm reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Satisfaction.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hillary (new)

Hillary It's nice to hear your comments. I wont bother picking that one up! That's a great goal to have! I could probley do it, if I made sure all of the books were under 221 pages a week. The books I'm reading now are over 300. So maybe I should make a page goal.....Then I could count tree house mystery books.