Katherine Madison's Reviews > Circus of the Damned

Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jul 22, 10

Read in July, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Okay Anita, I admire that her character is hardcore, strong, independent, but I think she goes a little overboard in describing how tough she is. Okay, we get it, you are almost a man in a woman's body. No wait, you're better than a man in a woman's body.

It's amazing to me how she never seems to get any sleep because she keeps getting into trouble every three hours. How can you walk around with no sleep and still fight the bad guys. Speaking of bad guys, how is it that no matter how much trouble she's in, she always find someway to get out, whether she's shot, stabbed, bleeding to death, broken arm, ten vampires coming at her at once and yet somehow she survives and manages to make sarcastic comments along the way.

Now as for Jean Claude...I seriously despise the way she treats him. We all know you really do like the vampire, and the guy hasn't done anything that's so bad to her that she has to be so bitchy to him all the time. Sometimes during simple conversations with him she's just rude and nasty to the guy and that is what I don't like. I don't know how Jean Claude can continue to love her, especially when she betrayed him in this novel just because she didn't want to become his human slave. She actually tried to get him killed. Who needs a woman like that? And Jean Claude just takes it all in stride and still chases after the woman who claims to hate him so much.

Circus of the Damned is the best book I've read as far as action and the mention of Jean Claude. I love the different vampires and the snake woman. Pretty darn cool. Oh and her description of Richard when she first met him, naked in a bed surrounded by vampires and lycans was unbelievably sexy. Although I often wondered what the hell was he doing? That was never explain, my only guess is that he turned into a wolf and was sleeping off the affects when Anita came into the room.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circus of the Damned.