Molly's Reviews > Seven Year Switch

Jul 26, 10

Recommended to Molly by: PUYB
Recommended for: everyone
Read in July, 2010 — I own a copy

Full of humor, this quirky novel by Claire Cook was my first one by her. She writes with style that instantly draws you in, taking you on a whirlwind, witty ride through out and by the end, you've laughed out loud so much your cheeks hurt....or at least I did! But, I must warn you this: I went into this book knowing it wasn't a Christian book, so I wasn't displeased with the mild use of language, however, if you don't like even mild language then you may not want to give this book a try. BUT, that being said, if you read contemporary novels of all genres, then this one is one you won't want to miss!

I really could relate with Jill. She's a single mom(like me!) determined to make the best of things (like me!), but all that goes haywire when her ex shows back up (not like me!) AND she meets a man she feels totally unworthy of (ummmm...!). Between the ex, the good looking new guy, Jill and her "Lunch Around the World Class" (oh and lets not forget Jill's "let's play dumb even though I'm not dumb" witty best friend, Cynthia), Cook has the humor flowing in this novel. Being a single mom myself, Jill's story really had me looking at my long ago single-parenthood and man-free-lifestyle decision in a whole new laugh-out-loud way!

So, despite the mild use of language, I still recommend this book with 4 stars. You'll laugh, drop your jaw, and maybe even cry a little, when you enter the "Lunch Around the World" world of Jill and her no-man seven year switch!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Year Switch.