Jessi's Reviews > Postcards from a Dead Girl

Postcards from a Dead Girl by Kirk Farber

Jul 28, 10

bookshelves: colorado-author, contemporary-fiction
Read from July 22 to 23, 2010

Summary: A telemarketer at a travel agency, Sid is becoming unhinged and superneurotic. His hypochondria is driving his doctor sister mad. And it's all because his ex-girlfriend, Zoe, who's sending him postcards from her European adventure, one that they were supposed to take together. Sid needs to get over Zoe and find love again--even though Zoe, apparently, has no inclination to be gotten over.--From publisher's description.

First Line: The postcard is everything, but looks like nothing.

I felt like I should like it - and I was interested to find out where the postcards were coming from. But not interested enough to keep reading. I quit halfway through, mostly because I was not interested in opening it again, even at my normal reading times (like bedtime). Sid, the main character never did grow on me, although I did really like his dog. I have the feeling that many people will really enjoy this book, and so will keep it in mind for recommendations. Maybe I'll try again in another mood as well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Postcards from a Dead Girl.