Mena's Reviews > Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Aug 23, 10

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from August 21 to 22, 2010

I've been a fan of Snow White since my childhood, and as soon as I saw the cover and read the premise, I knew I needed to read it.

I adored it, really. Many books have supposed 'scary' scenes (that never end up even giving me the slightest shiver), but the dream scenes in this book were actually quite chilling.

The only thing that could have improved this is if the author had dug a little deeper and realized 'the Queen' has a name, and it is Grimhilde.

I got very sick of reading 'the Queen said so and so', 'the Queen remembered so and so' every page. She shouldn't have been referred to as the Queen during her flashbacks before she married the king. Besides this tiny flaw, I really enjoyed this book. I'd love if more authors (or even Miss Valentino herself) would start writing books about the backstories of Disney villainesses.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairest of All.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Serena (new)

Serena Valentino Thank you for lovely review. I'm so happy you enjoyed the dream sequences, as they were my favorite to write. I would have liked to name the queen, however in the Disney version of the story she was never named and therefor I had to stick with their canon.

And I thought I should mention, I will be writing more Disney villain novels in the very near future.

Have a lovely day,