Seesen9's Reviews > Project 17

Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Sep 20, 10

bookshelves: i-own
Read from September 13 to 14, 2010

My first horror book in many years – my rating is more like 3.5★ and that´s really something for someone like me, who hates horrors in any form and is so easily scared.

The atmosphere was great, only interrupted by long passages of dialogues between the characters – these corrupted the tension. It was nice getting to know them a little more, but this seemed a little out of place in a dreadful place like the old haunted mental hospital.

Indeed the cast was delicious, the main characters weren´t exactly friends, more like acquaintances. They all had their own reasons for crashing the hospital. Only Tony and Greta were a little too much “diva-like” and “lovey-dovey”. Tony was absolutely inconsequential to the story..

It was chilling, kind of disturbing and there were some really good scares – you just had to play along and cooperate (if that makes sense). But no, it wasn´t terrifying – it didn´t give me nightmares or something like that.

I added the fourth star because of the conclusion which was brilliant, satisfying and in a good way extraordinary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Project 17.