Prangon's Reviews > Dead to the World

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead to the World.

Quotes Prangon Liked

Charlaine Harris
“Vampires. They wrote the book on possessive.”

Charlaine Harris
“We could go back," he said. In the dome light of the car, his face looked hard as stone. "We could go back to your house. I can stay with you always. We can know each other's bodies in every way, night after night. I could love you." His nostrils flared, and he looked suddenly proud. "I could work. You would not be poor. I would help you."

"Sounds like a marriage," I said, trying to lighten the atmosphere. But my voice was too shaky.

"Yes," he said.”

Charlaine Harris
“...But also because I find I really do…" He paused, as if he were about to say something outrageous. "I find I have feelings for you."
"Oh," I said into his chest, sounding as astonished as Eric had(...)"Eric," I said, after a long pause, "I almost hate to say this, but I have feelings for you, too.”

Charlaine Harris
“Come on," I said, taking his hand. Clutching the afghan with the other hand, he trailed down the hall after me, a snow white giant in tiny red underwear.”

Charlaine Harris
“It was beautiful Eric, who desired me, who was hungry for me, in a world that often let me know it could do very well without me.”

Charlaine Harris
“Though I was standing in front of a mirror, I wasn't really seeing my reflection. I was seeing, very clearly, that—at the moment—I was all in the world that Eric could think of as his own. I had better not fail him.”

Charlaine Harris
“Eric: ''What part do you like best?'' Sookie: ''oh your butt'' Eric: ''My...Bottom?'' Sookie: ''yep”

Charlaine Harris
“I knew, as sure as I knew my name, that tomorrow he would send me another coat, in a big fancy box, with a big bow on it. It would be the right size, it would be a top brand, and it would be warm.

...............
It was cranberry red, with a removable liner, a detachable hood, and tortoiseshell buttons.”

Charlaine Harris
“Eric was usually pretty Anglo-Saxon about sex.”