Claire's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

F 50x66
Jul 22, 2010

Read in August, 2010 — I own a copy

This book carries straight on from book two (the Girl Who Played with Fire), and I found it the most exciting in the series.
I wasn't sure about the Berger storyline, it just seemed to be there to show off more of Salander's 1337 skillz (what can't she do?!) than adding anything useful to the storyline.
The ending seemed to wrap up everything fairly conveniently, with it all going Salander's way, though would have liked to hear more about her sister. (I thought she was going to make an appearance, actually - maybe that was the plan for the next book.)
Again, though, Blomkvist is shagging everyone - can no one resist his ladykiller charms?! He is clearly the author's ideal fantasy of himself ._. urgh.
It's not a bad series, but could have been better edited (less TMI, less useless waffle, less advertising/plugging products). We do not need to hear every detail about every character's day, and all their little thoughts as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

08/15/2010 page 59