Amanda's Reviews > Trust in Advertising

Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels

May 20, 11

bookshelves: omnific-publishing, received-in-swap, 2011, former-fanfic
Read from May 14 to 20, 2011

Review can also be found here - http://bookh00rder.blogspot.com/2011/...

I never had the opportunity to read Trust in Advertising in it's original form. I am now kind of glad about that. I absolutely adored the story of Lexi and Vincent. Two people that have been hurt by their pasts in one way or another.

Vincent has a wall built around himself, even when it comes to his loving family. He is the VP of the family owned advertising firm, has a supermodel girlfriend, Jade, and is probably one of the crankiest men around.

When Lexi begins looking for a job she stumbled into a position with the Hunter Advertising firm in the form of Vincent's assistant. He is a brilliant man but is well known to run off assistant after assistant. Lexi, needing a job desperately uses her sassy attitude to set Vincent straight.

Shortly after Lexi begins working with Vincent he realizes she's not like the assistants he's had in the past. She's bright, creative and innovative and that catches his attention right away. He takes her under his wing and becomes protective of Lexi, which infuriates Jade.

When Lexi becomes friends with Vincent's sister, Anna, his friend and co-worker, Sean and even his mother and brother in law, Vincent does his best to keep her from weaving her way into his heart. Lexi and Vincent do become close while working together on major accounts. Their banter and sweetness endeared both of them to me and had me rooting for them.

Lexi's growing feelings for Vincent are sweet and cute and I really felt the emotions. Try as he might to keep her at arms length Vincent begins to fall for her too. Their friendship is fun and flirty but their emerging feelings make things complicated for them both. Rumors begin flying in the office and in the advertising world.

The drama that pulls Lexi and Vincent apart was anger inducing and frustrating. I KNEW things would work out but it was still nerve wracking to see it all play out. Victoria Michaels weaved a lovely story that tugged at my heart, had me smiling, made me tear up and in the end, gave me warm fuzzies. It was charming and funny and sweet. It had everything that usually appeals to me, even a smidgen of unrequited love. I'm so glad I was able to finally pick up Trust in Advertising. I encourage others to do the same.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust in Advertising.

05/16/2011 page 171