Wendy F's Reviews > The Sherbrooke Bride

4019599
Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, 2011, comedy
Read from December 13 to 14, 2011, read count: more times then I can count

There is nothing like stepping back into familiar shoes. I have read this book at least 100 times since my first as a young teen, and I still love it and enjoy it just as much now as I did then.

Is it a bit cheesy? Oh yes, in the absolute best possible way. The thing is, it's supposed to be a Historical Romantic Comedy, and if you remember that while you read it then you will see the same magic I do. In it's own way it's making fun of Regency romances, the male characters are all a bit overly pompous and the girls are overly flightly and it's so funny.

I personally loved Alex! She has way more personality then most romance heroines. Her antics led to some of the funniest moments I've ever read in a HR. And Sinjun is so precocious and endearing. I love Ryder. I think I may even love the Sherbrooke clan just a teensy bit more then I liked the Hathaways. I'll allow that that could be because I have had a lifelong friendship with those crazy Sherbrooke's, but they're just so quirky and zany.

Douglas was cruel, and but he grew and adjusted and the ending was endearing.

Picking up this favorite of mine was exactly what I needed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sherbrooke Bride.

12/13/2011 page 205