Josephine Myles's Reviews > Body and Soul

Body and Soul by Jordan Castillo Price

Aug 19, 13

bookshelves: paranormal, m-m, romance, mystery, currently-reading
Read on July 22, 2010

I can't remember why I didn't write a review first time around, but as I'm currently re-reading the PsyCops books (in preparation for GhosTV coming out) I shall add one now.

Body and Soul opens with a Thanksgiving dinner with Jacob's family, and despite the comic tone of the scene, Vic's panic attack illustrates just how difficult he finds it to interact like a normal person. Indeed, given what we learn about his upbringing it's amazing he functions as well as he does. There is plenty more of Vic's trademark neuroses as he gets to grips with his new NP partner Zigler. Meanwhile, Vic and Jacob are having problems finding anywhere to live that suits both of them.

As always, Jordan's writing is superb - I was drawn completely into Vic's world and shivered in the Chicago snow as he tracked down ghosts in alleyways. Good thing there was some smoking hot sex to warm things up (although sadly not in the alleyway). The case Zig and Vic are on is intriguing, and downright creepy at the end, but Vic gets some moments to shine as they wrap everything up.

Of course, if you've already read the first two books why would you need to even read a review to decide whether to read on? Just go for it! My all time favourite m/m series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Body and Soul.

08/19/2013 marked as: currently-reading

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Josephine Myles Currently re-reading for what must be the third time, I reckon--this time in preparation for Spook Squad coming out. I love this series so much! These are books when I can really let myself rest and just enjoy the story. Jordan's prose and characterisation is flawless, and I can turn off that relentless editor that seems to now live inside my head. Other writers warned me this would happen, and dammit, they were right. It's so good to find writers who pay such close attention to their craft I can lose myself in the story rather than noticing clunky sentences and so on.