oliviasbooks's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

"Hunger Games meets Matrix?" This should be interesting!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

05/24/2011 page 25
5.0% "Although I have issues I am hooked and kind of resent having to work instead of being able to go on reading." 2 comments
05/25/2011 page 208
43.0% "Yes, I enjoy it." 2 comments
05/25/2011 page 327
67.0% "Still have some issues, but I am captivated nonetheless. Even dreamt of this stuff." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alexa Sounds cool! :D

Jamie SOUNDS like a winner sweet i'm a hunger games fan :D

message 3: by Pia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pia If you don't keep it, will you reserve it vor me? I can give you the second book of gripping, Crashed. But in Germany and as well a Leseexemplar :D

message 4: by oliviasbooks (last edited May 15, 2011 09:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

oliviasbooks I am really not sure if I will wan't to read Crashed, Pia. And it bugs me that Skinned is too big for my handbag. I like my books small and compact. Plus, I really like to keep reading German translations to a minnimum. It always dampens the fun at least by a third. But we'll see. Okay?

Kirsten Oh I hope you like this!! :D

Brooke Amazing. I loved it!! Can't wait for your review!

oliviasbooks Pia, this will be a keeper.
Teccc, I sincerely hope you've managed to salvage your copy.

message 8: by oliviasbooks (last edited May 26, 2011 05:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

oliviasbooks Had to leave for work running out of my apartment in haste. There are still three pages left, but I grabbed another book for my train ride. I was not able to start said next book. I have to process Divergent and fix it in my memory first. When I read two books in quick succession, the one read first tends to turn into a vague mess in my memory.

StefanieEmmy I HAVE to read it next!

Morgan F 5 stars! Oh my!

message 11: by Nomes (new) - added it

Nomes okay. i have this sitting unread on my shelf... i really need to carve out some time to get into it!

message 12: by Alexa (last edited May 26, 2011 06:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexa I'm so jealous of yall giving this 5 stars! I need to give it a reread.
Glad you liked it, Olivia. :)

oliviasbooks Well, I could also say 4.5, but in spite of being slightly irritated by the faction system (I don't believe it would work for so long), I had a fabulous time reading it. Thus 5 stars.

Teccc No, Olivia, I didn't manage to 'rescue' it from my Packet-Box. It will probably go back to TBD tomorrow.
I' thinking about ordering it from BOL. They have it in stock and if I use a voucher it costs 6,8€ – that's not too bad.

~Tina~ Yay's! 5stars!! Glad you liked it!! Forth <3

Brianna H.G and Matrix??? they shouldn't even be put together in the same sentence.

Amber Okay, this is only kind of like the Hunger Games. Yes, there are different parts to the community but there isn't a leader, and me being my age I have never seen the movie. Or book. ??? Lol this book is awesome