Jean's Reviews > Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy Deluxe Boxed Set

Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy Deluxe Boxed Set by Stieg Larsson

Jul 21, 2010

bookshelves: mystery
Read in July, 2010

I loved these books! I read them on my Nook, and I couldn't click "next page" fast enough, through all three. Lisbeth Salander is a quirky, brilliant girl of about 25 who gets involved with a series of adventures with Mikael Blomqvist, a journalist. In the first book, she helps him investigate the mysterious disappearance of a girl from her wealthy family more than 30 years ago. In the second, they get involved with trying to find a Soviet spy who just happens to be Lisbeth's father. And in the 3rd book Mikael and others try to find a killer for murders for which Lisbeth is blamed.
The translation is sometimes forced ("hooligans"?) and there is a lot of detail about computer stuff that wasn't interesting. Also, reading the three together in series means you have to sit through some "this is what happened previously" in the prior books. But it's all worth it. These books are great "reads." The perfect airplane books, especially if you are traveling abroad and can read them all at once.
Stieg Larsson died after delivering the manuscripts, so there will be no more "Girl Who" books. I am sad but also I think it would be difficult to keep the story going. I'm sure with the success of these books there will be copycats. It remains to be seen whether the copies are as good as the original.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy Deluxe Boxed Set.