Alyssa's Reviews > Where She Went

3631974
Aug 15, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in August, 2011

Where She Went is the sequel to one of my favorite books from last year, If I Stay. It's 3 years after the devastating accident that took Mia's family from her, and it's the same amount of time since Adam has seen her. On a whim, Adam--whose band has gone double platinum--decides to see Mia perform. Because of this, they end up spending one whirlwind night together in NYC, where each will revisit their past and re-evaluate their future.
I really didn't want a sequel after If I Stay. I thought it was one of those rare books now-a-days that can actually stand on their own and not need a sequel. Plus, it ended in a happy place, but with an open end that still left you content.When I found out Mia and Adam had been separated for 3 years at the beginning of this book, I didn't like it. I felt I had had closure with Mia and that her relationship with Adam had been at really great place. It seemed like Forman had broken them up for the sole purpose of bringing them back together for this book, which seemed unnecessary. And while I enjoyed reading about them reuniting, I still didn't like the direction I thought the book was going.
In the end however, the two are in a really great place and you can see the journey each of them took to get there. It was a really fast and ultimately satisfying read. While I still don't think the first book needed a sequel, I'm happy with where the series ultimately ended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where She Went.

Amanda I totally agree! I ended up liking this book, but I didn't think it needed a sequel either.