Elise 's Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Aug 02, 11

bookshelves: 90-in-2011
Read from June 30 to July 01, 2011

Now usually I don't listen to reviews, but I was a little concerned when all I read was how this was a great novel UNTIL... But, as I am a curious critter, I had to read it when given the chance. I could not put this book down! I am a huge fan of character driven novels and this fit the bill. I was drawn to Mara and her issues, ok, so I wanted to fix her (it is my thing), I wanted to hug Jamie for being well, Jamie, Daniel was a whole lot of awesomesauce (can i have an older brother like him?) and than Noah...oh how I wanted to hate him in the beginning which turned into a BIG.FAT.CRUSH. When it comes to the story, the twists and turns kept me on my toes and up a lot later than I was supposed to be, but WOW, I can't wait to see what comes next! As for the ending, if you pay attention, not so WTFery! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

Quotes Elise Liked

Michelle Hodkin
“You want me as much as I want you. And all I want is you."
My tongue warred with my mind. "Today," I whispered.
Noah stood slowly, his body skimming mine as he rose. "Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever.”
Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Michelle Hodkin
“I was going to kiss him, and I was going to regret it. But at that moment, I couldn't bring myself to care.”
Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jeffanem I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves Daniel! He is, by far, the best book sibling ever. I love him almost as much as Noah. : )

message 2: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali I know! I want a Daniel!