Arya's Reviews > So Not Happening

So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones

Jul 20, 10

bookshelves: chick-lit, 5-stars, christian-fiction
Read in July, 2010

Bella Kirkwood has been forced (against her will!) to leave her beloved New York and move in with her Mother's Neanderthal of a husband and his two uncivilized sons. Is it any wonder that she is miserable? But then everything changes. Something strange is going on in the small town of Truman, Oklahoma - and in between giving an "extreme makeover" to one of her new friend and alienating the entire student population - she is determined to figure out what it is.

Luke Sullivan is the editor of the Truman Tigers Newspaper and is he happy to have inexperienced Bella Kirkwood on his staff? No he is not! But the annoying Ms. Kirkwood might just have uncovered the biggest story of Luke's career - now if only he can keep her alive . . . together they just might blow the top off of this story.

Bella was so relatable! I actually felt really emotionally involved in this story. I cried (actual big fat tears) when Bella's cat was taken away. When she was mad at her Mom, I was furious with her as well. I also thought that what her mother did - taking her away from her friends and family and then when she had nothing left making her give away her cat - was both selfish and mean, even when logically I knew it was not "cruel and unusual" punishment, I was still very angry.

I thought that the mystery was very believable. Luke was great!

In conclusion I really liked this book! But . . . no, no that's it - it was awesome!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Not Happening.