Jena's Reviews > Sea

Sea by Heidi R. Kling

Aug 08, 10

Recommended for: everyone
Read from August 06 to 07, 2010, read count: 1

I finished this book last night, and all night I had Sea, Deni, and Spider's words running through my head. This isn't a book you easily forget. It's a story about finding yourself, what it means to lose everything, love, heartbreak, and it's written beautifully. I couldn't put this one down, it was just so captivating and I loved it.

Sienna, Sea, Jones is afraid of flying and constantly haunted by dreams of her mother's disappearance. Ever since her mother has died, she has never been the same. So on her 15th birthday when her dad decides to go to Indonesia, he wants Sienna to go along to help. After debating with herself, she goes. While there Sea meets Deni. Deni is hot, troubled, and somehow just like Sienna. I loved these two characters. They helped each other in so many ways that it was just amazing. Heartbreaking (I was upset - I don't know how Sienna did it), but amazing.

Now we can't forget the other characters... one who happened to be probably my favorite, which was Spider. Hot surfer boy sweetheart, Spider. I just loved how he was there for Sienna. He's such a good-hearted kid and believe me, if I could have my own Spider... I would go get one now! Haha. Also I loved Elli. She was adorable and the way Sienna helped her was just meant to be.

Hearing the stories from the tsunami, during this book, just broke my heart. I can't even imagine what it must have been like and how these children kept going. I would have been devastated. Thankfully, this book shows you that, there are people who are willing to help you along the way, you just have to let them.

This story was beautiful, and I can't get it out of my head. Heartbreak, finding youself, love, helping, friendship, and letting go. This book has it all. If you get a chance this book is a must read. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea.

Quotes Jena Liked

Heidi R. Kling
“They do not disappear when they die. They leave us their strength.”

Heidi R. Kling
“I wanted to tell him that you can meet someone and they can change your life forever, even if you have only known him for a short while, that when you leave, you're a different person than before you met him... and I undertstand that because of meeting Deni.”

Heidi R. Kling
“And we clung to each other like we were drowning because, in a way, we were.”

Heidi R. Kling
“We do not choose what happens to us. We can only choose what we do after. What we do now. We can only choose to keep going.”

Heidi R. Kling
“Yeah, I do. Sometimes I worry my memories will fade without them.”

Heidi R. Kling
“Reflecting your current reality. Dreams are fasinating, aren't they? Portholes into the subconscious.”

Heidi R. Kling
“He looked at me like I just told him the earth was flat and I had definitive proof.”

Heidi R. Kling
“Of course,' Spider said. 'I'd bring you Popsicles and cheesy celebrity magazines.”

Heidi R. Kling
“Maybe that's why we used to get along so well - we both enjoyed lounging around in our own chaos.”

Heidi R. Kling
“Sea, give me a break. It's always been you.”

Heidi R. Kling
“Spider had that easy way about him that people who have never had anything bad happen to them seem to possess.”

08/06/2010 page 41
12.0% "How am I going to deal w/o Spider for the bulk of the book? He's surfer boy heaven! lol. Good start though :)"
08/07/2010 page 78
23.0% "So cute, I love Elli!"
08/07/2010 page 210
63.0% "hotttt"
08/07/2010 page 336
100.0% "<333"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heidi Thank you. :)

Jena Welcome! I loved it! :)