Sonya's Reviews > Doubleblind

Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre

Jul 27, 10

bookshelves: science-fiction, m-f, made-me-cry
Read from July 27 to 28, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Ann Aguirre has done it again. This is a fantastic addition to the Grimspace series. Sirantha Jax has come so far from the first book. As a jumper she craves adrenaline highs and generally acts before thinking but this book shows her to have matured into someone who cares about others. March and Jax's relationship seems to headed for the scrap heap because of March's PTSD but Sirantha fights for the man she loves and pulls him out of his desperation and rescues him from prison. The scenes between these two were intense and well done. Every time March pulled away from Jax I hurt right along with her. When Jax fixed him I was so happy for them. There were a lot of descriptions of the "natural" decor of the rooms on the Bug planet that I think could have been cut out. I wonder how Jael will escape and how much trouble he's going to make for Jax in the next book. The series is ramping up with a war starting at the end of this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doubleblind.

Quotes Sonya Liked

Ann Aguirre
“I'll always want him. Until every sun goes dark in every sky, until I am nothing more than long-forgotten cosmic dust, I will want him. And even then I suspect my particles will long for his.”
Ann Aguirre, Doubleblind