Amanda's Reviews > A Tailor-Made Bride

A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Jul 20, 10

Read in May, 2010

I DID NOT WANT THIS BOOK TO END!! From cover to cover, Karen Witemeyer just blew me away! She has the "character depth" of Tamera Alexander and the "romantic charm" of Deeanne Gist, combined with a beautiful, refreshing style all her own.

This is Karen's first novel, and that fact alone will leave you even more wide eyed and slack jawed at her abilities. Most importantly, you will also find the Lord's "thumbprint" on every page. Her words ministered to my spirit in such a deep, penetrating way. Opening my own eyes to appreciate more greatly and see more clearly the beauty of God all around me. This book is "Tailor-Made" for the romantic Christian heart!

Her characters live and breathe, not only within the pages but long after the cover is closed. The heroine, Hannah Richards, is the kind of a girl we would all strive to be like. Not only is she beautiful, graceful and talented but she also possess a kind, gentle, yet passionate nature and shines the love of Christ so effortlessly, desiring His will above her own, no matter the sacrifice. The hero, Jericho "J.T." Tucker, is exactly how the author describes him, "a little crusty on the outside, but his heart is true and as big as a mountain." From the start he just took my breath away (however, I did want to smack him a couple of times). He is ruggedly handsome, strong and determined, but set in his ways with no plans on changing. That is until the scales fall from his eyes AND his heart, allowing him to behold the inner and outer beauty of a certain dressmaker. We (along with Hannah) fall head-over-heels with this man and his mountain size heart! We find that he is humble, a little vulnerable, and capable of great kindness, loving with his actions rather than words. With each page we witness a refining process happening in our hero and... gosh, I've said too much already. You'll have to read it yourself *grin*

Her supporting characters are great as well, adding even more life, color, and depth to the story, as does her charming Texas setting. And as a side note, she ends her chapters with some of the best closing lines you'll ever read that will have you saying, "Okay, just one more chapter." into the wee hours of the night! Simply put, this book is going on my "to be read again AND again" shelf, with NO chance of collecting even a speck of dust any time soon!!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tailor-Made Bride.

Amber Stokes OK, why haven't I read this book yet?! I will definitely have to keep this one in mind... Maybe I could let my family know it would make a good Christmas present... ;)

Your review is lovely!

Amanda Thank you so much, Amber :) And, I think this book would make a wonderful Christmas present!! I just know it will bless you, my friend! Besides, you definitely have a "romantic, Christian heart" so it must be tailor-made for you ;)

message 3: by Cathy (new) - added it

Cathy Daniel NOw I HAVE to read this book :)