Georgie Penn's Reviews > All-of-a-Kind Family

Feb 09, 08

it was ok
bookshelves: it-was-okay, childrens, historical-ficton
Read in February, 2008

I thought this book was really cute, and a young girl could learn a lot from it.

Meet the girls in the All-of-a-King Family.

Ella, is twelve years old with and has pretty black hair.

Henrietta, or Henny for short is is ten, she is the trouble maker in the family, and keeps her mother on her toes. She also has the pretty blond curls that makes tossing her head so much more affective.

Sarah is eight, and likes to stay up with her sister Ella at night talking about there very own dream house.

Charlotte is six, and gets her self into trouble every once in a while for dreaming when work needs done.

And then there's Gertie, the four year old baby in the family. She loves to spend her pennies on crackers, and chocolate babies.

When I first picked this book up I did not realize that it was about a Jewish family. This book tells about a lot of the Jewish holidays, and for someone who has not even thought about these holidays as I am not Jewish it was a little strange for me.
However the author explains about each holiday as it comes along, so that you are not left in the dark as to what it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All-of-a-Kind Family.