Christi's Reviews > My Invisible Boyfriend

My Invisible Boyfriend by Susie Day

4020316
Jul 20, 10

Read in January, 2010

Summary: In My Invisible Boyfriend by Susie Day, Heidi, aka Frog Girl, has gone to many boarding schools. Because of her parents, Dad Man and Mothership who like to move around a lot, she has always been in a “Never-ending Era of Pathetic Noobishness” where she eats lunch by herself and never makes any friends. Until now. At the Finch, the boarding school where all the kids who get kicked out of all the other boarding schools go, she has friends who like her. As the new school year begins, Heidi goes to a party with her first group of real friends and turns down the advances of one of the hottest boys in school. Immediately, they think this is due to the fact that she has acquired a boyfriend over the summer. In order to not lose her friends, Heidi goes along with their idea and invents a boyfriend. With the help of her close friend and boss at a local tea shop, she creates a boyfriend that her friends will believe in. She even makes him an email account and a Ulife profile to make it even more legitimate. As the story unfolds, she comes to find someone else likes her for who she really is, discovers that not all is what it seems, and develops deeper friendships.

Review: Susie Day’s My Invisible Boyfriend is very funny and entertaining. She uses a lot of teen euphemisms that make the story even more fun. The characters are well developed, teen angst and lack of self esteem is evident in the main character and her actions especially. The story line can seem somewhat far-fetched, but is done in a way that isn’t over the top. The story’s didactic conclusion is “honesty is the best policy.”
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Invisible Boyfriend.

Soccergurl yah!:) i really do love that book! and, i am on the best part of the book!:) lol