Darcy's Reviews > Dark Descendant

Dark Descendant by Jenna Black

May 05, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, uf, super-heroes
Read from May 04 to 05, 2011

I found that as I read this book the more I liked it. It is very different from what is out there. We were given just enough to know and understand what was going on in this book, but there is so much more to learn about the world and the story it is set in.

Had the story gone the way it seemed like it was going to in the first couple of chapters I probably wouldn't have finished it. So when this big twist came in I was happy. Nikki learning of these supernatural people seemed to shock her, but yet she accepted it really fast.

I love how there are 2 different factions, good and evil, every good story needs those basics in it. It is also more fun as a reader when things aren't black and white.

The "good" group that Nikki seems more drawn to sure have issues. The contentious relationship Nikki has with almost everyone is interesting. I also like how Nikki and the others seem to change their minds along the way. It seems to me that we may see an unconventional pairing coming up, something that I am looking forward to.

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Descendant.

Emily I totally agree with you that it got better a little ways in. I was on the verge of putting in down unfinished for the first couple of chapters.