Eleni ( La Femme Readers )'s Reviews > Being Jamie Baker

Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

Jul 20, 2010

Read from July 28 to August 03, 2010

Being Jamie Baker was a cute and fun debut by Kelly. The great character development and superpower plot captured me immediately. Jamie, was an absorbing protagonist. I really loved peeling back her personality traits and discovering her true nature. I empathized with her longing to be normal. After a tragic accident, Jamie was left with an electrical supercharge that ran down her body. In the heat of a moment, Jamie was extremely dangerous and a possible threat to others. Because of that, she kept her distance at school and remained a loner. Yet, that all changed when Ryan was dared by his best friend to kiss her. Ryan, made the book for me. He was honest, charming and at times cocky. That kiss between Ryan and Jamie was fiery and full of surprises.

Their relationship was quite entertaining. Jamie had a tendency of pulling away, while Ryan was adamant in getting to know her. Seemingly, they were made for each other. He had a way of either calming her anger or igniting it even more. Throughout the novel, their relationship progressed back and forth. Personally, that was the only flaw in this book, I found their situation to be a little repetitive at times. Besides that, I was pleased to see other elements surfaced, such as the government who were interested in Jamie's powers. The ending concluded very well and left me wanting to read more books by Kelly. She has a knack for writing addictive story lines and introducing characters you can't help but love.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Jamie Baker.