Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Aug 29, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, science-fiction, dystopia-or-apocalyptic

I wavered back and forth whether to give this book a 4 or 5 star rating. My first instinct was to slap a 5 on it and be done. Collins wrote a great, thought-provoking book. Internally, I felt like any part of me that would want to give this a 4 would be based on personal feelings or bias about things that didn't turn out the way that I wanted.

After sleeping on it for a night, I realized that the book really was a 4 for me, biases aside. There were a few inconsistencies that didn't ring true with the other two books, which shaved a bit off the rating for me. Even with that, I still find myself thinking about the book a full day later. This story was the darkest of the three, but Collins did a great job of letting the story unfold in a natural order. She was nice enough to give us some closure and a partial happy ending, but didn't sugarcoat anything to please the readers. Kudos to her for sticking to her integrity, even at the risk of offending some fans.
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Ronyell Great review Stacia! I really enjoyed the bittersweet theme of the story too!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks. This was good but different from the first two for sure.

Ronyell Stacia (the hype killer) wrote: "Thanks. This was good but different from the first two for sure."

I agree.