Jaimey's Reviews > Heart of Fire

Heart of Fire by Kristen Painter

Jul 17, 11

bookshelves: goodreads-author, ebook-or-kindle, fantasy, romance-paranormal
Read from July 10 to 13, 2011, read count: 1

3.4 stars.

I started this book completely fascinated with the storyline, the characters, and the setting. I was interested enough in the concept and the characters that it held my attention, even though I read the Kindle version on my PC. (Talk about eye strain!) There were moments I laughed and a couple times I was surprised, I even recall tearing up a time or two. The author definitely touched my emotions. It held my attention but the writing felt...almost choppy at times.

While I wouldn't classify this as a "clean" romance, the author did keep a fairly "lights off" approach. The intimate interactions were descriptive but not graphic.

One last concern, I don't know if I got an older copy or what (I downloaded it a year ago and didn't think to check Smashwords for an updated, corrected copy), but there were numerous typos. One sentence was so bad that I still don't know what the author meant to say.

In summary: Would I read another book by Kristen Painter? Yes, I think I would.

Disclaimer: I purchased this ebook (full price) from Smashwords.com. I was not paid in any way, shape, or form for this review. This review reflects my honest opinion of this work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of Fire.