Michelle's Reviews > Behold a Pale Horse

Behold a Pale Horse by Milton William Cooper

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Ok, this guy is effin' nuts, and I love paranormal books (so that's kinda saying something). I really don't understand why this is such a cult classic. It appears to be not much more than the ramblings of someone whose gone completely off the deep end - which could be enjoyable, if only the book were better written.

I don't want my paranormal books to be a chore to read. They are like my literary junk food. I read them when I'm "cheating" on "real" literature. This book - augh! - where to begin?

It honestly felt like there were a million pages of autobiography/incoherent rambling before the conspiracy theories even started, and even when I skipped ahead to the alien stuff it was just so, so...embarrassingly bad!

For example, there was more than one instance where the author brings up a film and then goes on to say "these movies were based on real events." With no further explanation! Want to know the movies? E.T. and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Really?!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behold a Pale Horse.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle This guy is a whack-job. I don't have the energy for any more of it right now...!

Aaron L Check page 225, second paragraph about gun ban.

Ruben Ayco jr You are a whack job. People like you are the reason why our nation is crumbling