valee's Reviews > Twice Tempted by a Rogue

2320890
Sep 25, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from September 15 to 23, 2010

Well kids, today I will teach you all a lesson about books. It is very important that you listen carefully to each word, because after reading this review you'll discover something very important. LOL.

I have always read each and every single book in a series. Never in my life have I not follow the reading order, not even if the book had the worsts reviews. But I'm ashame to let you all know that in this case I was about to do just that. It was said that books 1 and 3 were actually the good ones, and this one just a passage. So I thought ... "WTH?, let's just go to book 3". But luckily for me my conscience did not let me do this. I was going through this over and over again ... "Maybe it really is a good book and I'm just going to be sorry for not reading it..." Many other thoughts like that one crossed my mind, so I decided to read it.

And I am extremely happy about that. This was a terrific read. I loved this book, even more than the first one. I don't know why many did not, but I know I would definitely read it again. I had a great time with this book and I just loved to get to meet Rhys better. He's such an amazing hero, a soul that needs someone to care about him. Brutally abused as a child by his own family, the same people who should have taken care of him. Nevertheless, he became such a strong person with the strongest will to live that I have ever seen. Loved this character. I thought he would be boring, but he had so many layers, and I loved to discover them all.

Then there's Meredith Maddox, our lovely widow. I must admit I thought she would be a boring character as well, the typical widow, afraid of life and shy. Well those are definably not the words that describe this incredibly strong and hard working woman. She was just what he needed. And all those things made a very interesting read.

So here goes the lesson: You know that little voice in your head that tells you:"Why read this book? Look at those ratings, it is not worth it. So many amazing books out there and you will loose your time with this one? No you wont! Just leave it there and pick the next, nothing wrong is gonna happen, you wont even notice you didn't read it".
Well guys, don't ever listen to it because it could make you loose some terrific books. Sometimes you just have to try it. Maybe if you don't like it afterwards you have started it that's just fine, but don't just skip it because you really could regret it.

Can't wait to read the next. Wow, that was long! Sorry about that,LOL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice Tempted by a Rogue.

09/19/2010 ""Holy God. She was beautiful. And young. And ... and beautiful. Rhys had never been especially good with words." yeah, got that same idea about you,pal... LOL" 8 comments
09/19/2010 page 47
13.0% "I'm so happy I didn't skip this one. I'm really enjoying it so far. I hope it will be this good all the rest that is left."
09/21/2010 page 182
50.0% "loving it. i'm SO HAPPY I ACTUALLY READ IT." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ally72 Vale...I am going to tease you and ask you "What happened to skipping this book???" Did you decide to try it anyways? I loved the hero in the story so you might like this book more than I did. I will be anxious to hear what you think of it.

valee lol. It just that I have never, ever left a book in a series without read. So I just can't start now. I feel so guilty if I even try,lol, like I was doing something terribly wrong.

Ally72 I totally know what you mean! I tell myself that I shouldn't be like that because it is only a book, but I can't help it. Honestly, I know a lot of our goodreads friends loved this book so I hope you like it too.

valee me too. But I don't think so,lol. But we'll see. I'' first read a paranormal romance though because it has been a while. I think I'll start warriors of Poseidon.

message 5: by Ally72 (last edited Sep 15, 2010 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ally72 Is that the series by Alexis Morgan? I have those books waiting for me to read and have been anxious to get to them...If only I could just read for a living!

valee I would definitely join you,lol.

But no, this series is from Alyssa Day. So far really good. I'll let you know. Maybe you can join me and we'll read it together.

Ally72 I have seen that series by Alyssa Day and always thought it sounded interesting. If you end up liking it, I will try to get caught up and join you! LOL!

valee awesome.I'll let you know. So far great.we'll see.

valee LOL, that happens to me many times as well. I'm glad I read this one! I loved it.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I'm with you, I loved this book!

message 11: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth I loved this one also. I think just reading 1 and/or 3 wouldn't have really worked for me. I like reading things in order as well if I can, and all 3 books in this series were actually quite different and I really, really enjoyed that. There was no way I could mistake one of the 3 for another. All the heroes (and heroines, for a change) were very different and all the stories were different.

I've learned to ignore the scores and actually read the reviews instead. If someone has marked something real low I like to know why, before I write off something I would have otherwise read.

Yeah, sure, there are a load of crap books out there, and a load of fluffy books, or super-steamy-icky books as well, but sometimes you just feel like reading crap/fluff/icky-steam..

valee I'm loving this book so much. Really. And what you said about the 3 books in the series being very different is so true! That's what I liked the most abut this series.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... So many people did not like this one, and I just don't understand it! I really thought Merry and Rhys were perfect together, for each other, and I totally came to understand all of Merry's actions.

The author made it all work for me.

valee I felt the same way. Although I have to admit that while I really really liked books 1 and 2, the third is way better.

valee And it's funny because the hero in the third book had been my least fav character so far,LOL.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I think book 3 was a more deeply emotional story, and I also think it was the best of the bunch. I didn't expect to love Julian, but in the end, I did.

message 17: by May (new) - rated it 3 stars

May This book was just ok for me. I never got hooked into the characters and stories, so it just never became "oh wow, that was AMAZING"... that said it wasn't BAD either... just middle ground for me. Book #3 was by far my favorite - funny because I wouldn't have expected that!!

valee I know! Same her. I really didn't care for Julian at all in the first 2, I even thought he was such an ass. But He ended up being by far my fav character. But I did love Rhys!