Emma Michaels's Reviews > Alanna: The First Adventure

Alanna by Tamora Pierce

Jul 19, 10

Let me start out by saying that I reread this book more often than most people will ever reread any book in their entire life. I LOVE Tamora Pierce and whenever I am feeling uninspired or as though I don't understand why I am working so hard I reread her series. It reminds me why I started writing and what I wanted to accomplish. I think back to the first time I opened her novel, In the Hands of the Goddess and how for once I could hardly put a book down. Even though I was so sick I could hardly get out of bed and I was extremely upset over something that had happened it all seemed to disappear and suddenly I was a strong redheaded girl on her way to becoming a knight and willing to do anything to get there and get past anytime that might stand in my way. This novel again was able to reawaken that feeling in me. There are some moments that not all men will appreciate but that will very likely make any woman laugh hysterically. Tamora pierce captures so much that no other author has been able to and while the writing feels as though it is aimed at younger teens at some points it is catchy and a great read. I love the characters and especially Pounce! The violet eyed cat who has a wonderful sense of humor and is always keeping Alanna on her toes... or in some cases in or out of trouble. I will be posting reviews of the rest of her books as I reread my collection!

Review from my blog: http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alanna.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hannah C. sorry but um... Faithful is the cats name , pounce was just one of the suggestions by her friends.but I 100% agree with everything else you said you took the words right out of my mouth!

Emma Michaels Opps! I am SOOOO terrible with names. Even when writing my own novels I go back through to make sure I didn't accidentally change the spelling or accidentally call another character by the wrong name. I even used to spell my last name wrong and put Michelles when I was little. lol.

Catherine I agree... I love Tamora Pierce! Her writing makes the story seem so real. Oh, and don't feel too bad about the Pounce thing... that's the name of Beka's cat anyway. :)