Kayleen's Reviews > Unbroken

Unbroken by Rachel Caine

Mar 06, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance-read
Recommended for: Weather Warden Fans.
Read from February 27 to March 04, 2012, read count: 1

The last of the series (for now). The ending was ok, she just didn't explain that much, and only had it from Cassiel's point of view so you didn't get to see or know too much. It was mostly a happy ending, for the main people at least, not so much for the rest of the world.

I remember the first two book's being so awesome (I think I gave those five stars.), but this one and the third weren't so good, they're not terrible, but it just didn't feel like Caine put that much into them. She said in the beginning of this book that it was an emotional strain to write this last book, I'm not so sure what she means because besides destroying the world (or almost) nothing emotional happened. What I used to like so much about Cassiel (the main person); she was once a Djinn, then turned human, she was emotionally challenged (I guess you could say.), she never felt anything as a Djinn and then when she got turned into a human everything was new, including actually feeling something. She rarely showed or expressed her emotions, and it was a very different take on a book, to have a cold protagonist that mostly used logic in her actions. She will be a very missed character.

Caine could very possibly write another spin-off series, there is a lot that she can still do. My fingers are crossed for more adult book, and no more horse crap young adult Morganville Vampire books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.